Обсуждение: Wiki on pgfoundry

Wiki on pgfoundry

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Hi,

Does anybody know if there is Wiki system or something like that on
pgfoundry? I want to discuss/record the road maps, TODOs etc. on a
wiki.

I know there is a Wiki on postgresql.org but I don't think it's for
external projects.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Wiki on pgfoundry

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 09:26 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if there is Wiki system or something like that on
> pgfoundry? I want to discuss/record the road maps, TODOs etc. on a
> wiki.
>
> I know there is a Wiki on postgresql.org but I don't think it's for
> external projects.

Perhaps PGXN ( http://pgxn.org ) will provide a feature like that when
it is completed?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: Wiki on pgfoundry

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> I know there is a Wiki on postgresql.org but I don't think it's for
> external projects

Well, the external project related pages you've already worked on like
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pgpool-II are valuable.  I don't think
anyone would object to your extending that with additional ones covering
things like a roadmap or TODO for that major project.  If anyone were to
go looking for things on the wiki that should get wiped out as not very
useful to the PostgreSQL community, I really doubt the sort of work that
you do would would be considered irrelevant.  There's a whole lot of
ancient articles to remove first if anyone gets in the mood to clean up
useless bits on the wiki.

Re: Wiki on pgfoundry

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 02:26, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if there is Wiki system or something like that on
> pgfoundry? I want to discuss/record the road maps, TODOs etc. on a
> wiki.

There is not, and there isn't likely to be one added.

You can install one yourself, iirc, since there are some ways to run
PHP off it, but I would highly recommend you to stay away from that -
you'd have to deal with security patching and all that kind of stuff
on your own and manually.

> I know there is a Wiki on postgresql.org but I don't think it's for
> external projects.

For a project like pg-pool, I think that's perfectly appropriate.
Please just make sure you tag the pages with Category:pgpool or
something like that, so they're easy to group together.

Other than that, if you want a project specific wiki (for other
reasons), I would encourage you to look at setting up a mirror on
github and use their wiki services.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/