Обсуждение: Need help on WAL shipping

Need help on WAL shipping

От
steeles@gmail.com
Дата:
Hi, I posted twice and didn't get any response, wonder my post didn't get populated properly.

Again, followed the document on WAL shipping, and couldn't get target to recognize the archive WAL files. It looks for
differentWAL files.

Did I miss any steps?

Thx

Re: Need help on WAL shipping

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 21:04 +0000, steeles@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I posted twice and didn't get any response, wonder my post didn't get populated properly.
>
> Again, followed the document on WAL shipping, and couldn't get target to recognize the archive WAL files. It looks
fordifferent WAL files.

The post I saw was rather unreadable, I believe you were the one trying
log shipping on Windows correct?

JD

> Did I miss any steps?
>
> Thx

PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Need help on WAL shipping

От
steeles@gmail.com
Дата:
Yes, that's me and it is for windows.
I enabled archive and copy WAL file, created base backup.

Restored base backup to target, removed files under pg-xlog, copy over archived WAL files, for some reason recovery
alwayslook for WAL files from base restore, not those archived WAL files.

> Hi, I posted twice and didn't get any response, wonder my post didn't get populated properly.
>
> Again, followed the document on WAL shipping, and couldn't get target to recognize the archive WAL files. It looks
fordifferent WAL files.

The post I saw was rather unreadable, I believe you were the one trying
log shipping on Windows correct?

JD

> Did I miss any steps?
>
> Thx