Обсуждение: Latest source RPMs for 8.1.20

Latest source RPMs for 8.1.20

От
Justin Pasher
Дата:
I'm looking for the latest source RPMs for Postgres 8.1.20 on RHEL. I
can see 8.1.19 here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.1/redhat/rhel-4-i386/repoview/postgresql.html

Would it be safe to say that I can download the 8.1.19 source RPM,
replace the postgresql-8.1.19.tar.bz2 tarball with the
postgresql-8.1.20.tar.bz2 tarball, update the versions in the spec file,
then build the RPM? I noticed there are other patch files installed by
the source RPM, so I didn't know if I would be missing any other
potential patch files.

Thanks.

--
Justin Pasher

Re: Latest source RPMs for 8.1.20

От
Vincenzo Romano
Дата:
2010/5/3 Justin Pasher <justinp@newmediagateway.com>:
> I'm looking for the latest source RPMs for Postgres 8.1.20 on RHEL. I can
> see 8.1.19 here:
>
> http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.1/redhat/rhel-4-i386/repoview/postgresql.html
>
> Would it be safe to say that I can download the 8.1.19 source RPM, replace
> the postgresql-8.1.19.tar.bz2 tarball with the postgresql-8.1.20.tar.bz2
> tarball, update the versions in the spec file, then build the RPM? I noticed
> there are other patch files installed by the source RPM, so I didn't know if
> I would be missing any other potential patch files.
>
> Thanks.

Just curiosity: why are you using  8.1?

--
Vincenzo Romano