Обсуждение: Open Source BI Tool

Open Source BI Tool

От
akp geek
Дата:
Hi all -

             I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Regards

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 27/04/2010 17:33, akp geek wrote:
> Hi all -
>
>              I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for
> creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Pardon my ignorance - what's a "BI tool"?

Thanks. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
akp geek
Дата:
Business Intelligence tool ( crystal reports for example )

Regards

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 27/04/2010 17:33, akp geek wrote:
> Hi all -
>
>              I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for
> creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Pardon my ignorance - what's a "BI tool"?

Thanks. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
2010/4/27 akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com>:
> Hi all -
>
>              I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for
> creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Pentaho have some good tools
http://www.pentaho.com/

--
Cédric Villemain

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 27/04/2010 17:40, akp geek wrote:
> Business Intelligence tool ( crystal reports for example )

Ah - grand - thanks!

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
Steve Atkins
Дата:
On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:33 AM, akp geek wrote:

> Hi all -
>
>              I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool for creating reports against Postgres database ?
appreciateyour help

Pentaho, BIRT, JasperReports (and associated tools like iReport), JFreeReport, DataVision, OpenReports,
FreeReportBuilder,rlib, fyiReporting and xTuple are some to take a look at. There's a lot of overlap and repackaging of
muchthe same underlying engines in there.

The first three are the most commonly mentioned.

Cheers,
  Steve

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 12:33 -0400, akp geek wrote:
> Hi all -
>
>              I would like to know, if there is a open source BI tool
> for creating reports against Postgres database ? appreciate your help

Pentaho

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
Adrian von Bidder
Дата:
On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19.12:31 Steve Atkins wrote:

[...]
> BIRT
[...]

FWIW, my cow-orkers are quite happy with BIRT (especially with the designer
environment in Eclipse) after having used Crystal and Actuate previously.
I've no idea how BIRT compares with the other OSS tools, but compared to
those two using BIRT was quite a step up in terms of ease of use / available
documentation & debugging tools.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Most scientists think that the not-fossil theory is a red herring;
indeed, they think that oil is lots of herrings (and other things)

Вложения

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
akp geek
Дата:
Thank you all .

regards

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19.12:31 Steve Atkins wrote:

[...]
> BIRT
[...]

FWIW, my cow-orkers are quite happy with BIRT (especially with the designer
environment in Eclipse) after having used Crystal and Actuate previously.
I've no idea how BIRT compares with the other OSS tools, but compared to
those two using BIRT was quite a step up in terms of ease of use / available
documentation & debugging tools.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Most scientists think that the not-fossil theory is a red herring;
indeed, they think that oil is lots of herrings (and other things)
compacted over time into sticky black mud.
       -- Prospect Magazine, March 2003, p. 6

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
John R Pierce
akp geek wrote:
> Business Intelligence

isn't that an oxymoron?

Re: Open Source BI Tool

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 13:40 -0700, John R Pierce wrote:
> akp geek wrote:
> > Business Intelligence
>
> isn't that an oxymoron?

Depends, you want your paycheck?