Обсуждение: Upgrading 8.2.4 to 8.3 With TSearch2

Upgrading 8.2.4 to 8.3 With TSearch2

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
Hi,

I have a database on version 8.2.4 and intend to upgrade to the latest
8.4.3 version. The 8.2 version has Tsearch2 and I know there are issues
in upgrading tsearch2 and therefore I was wondering which is the best
way to do this upgrade.

I am best upgrading from 8.2.4 to the latest 8.2 build and then dumping
that database to restore in an 8.4.3 database, or just dump the existing
8.2.4 database and restore in 8.4.3?

Thanks.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com

Re: Upgrading 8.2.4 to 8.3 With TSearch2

Дата:
Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com> writes:
> I have a database on version 8.2.4 and intend to upgrade to the latest
> 8.4.3 version. The 8.2 version has Tsearch2 and I know there are issues
> in upgrading tsearch2 and therefore I was wondering which is the best
> way to do this upgrade.

There's some suggestions in the fine manual ...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/textsearch-migration.html

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> There's some suggestions in the fine manual ...
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/textsearch-migration.html
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thats the most polite RTFM response I have ever seen! I read the
suggested part of the manual and the update was seamless.

Many thanks.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com