Обсуждение: Advice on webbased database reporting

Advice on webbased database reporting

От
"Davor J."
Дата:
I need to make certain views from the database visible online (on our
webpage) and I wonder if there is any reasonably quick solution for this
that works with Postgres?

At best, a query should be specified and the user should be able to select
the layout on certain columns (like stepped, or outlined).

I don't mind running a whole CMS on our Apache server as long as it allows
me to make reports and is free to use.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Davor

Re: Advice on webbased database reporting

От
Leif Biberg Kristensen
Дата:
On Friday 2. April 2010 14.43.48 Davor J. wrote:
> I need to make certain views from the database visible online (on our
> webpage) and I wonder if there is any reasonably quick solution for this
> that works with Postgres?
>
> At best, a query should be specified and the user should be able to select
> the layout on certain columns (like stepped, or outlined).
>
> I don't mind running a whole CMS on our Apache server as long as it allows
> me to make reports and is free to use.
>
> Has anyone any suggestions?

PHP works great with Postgres and Apache.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://solumslekt.org/

Re: Advice on webbased database reporting

От
Brian Modra
Дата:
On 02/04/2010, Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org> wrote:
> On Friday 2. April 2010 14.43.48 Davor J. wrote:
>> I need to make certain views from the database visible online (on our
>> webpage) and I wonder if there is any reasonably quick solution for this
>> that works with Postgres?
>>
>> At best, a query should be specified and the user should be able to select
>>
>> the layout on certain columns (like stepped, or outlined).
>>
>> I don't mind running a whole CMS on our Apache server as long as it allows
>>
>> me to make reports and is free to use.
>>
>> Has anyone any suggestions?
>
> PHP works great with Postgres and Apache.

take a look at The Karoo Project:
http://www.zwartberg.com/tutorial_1.html

> regards,
> --
> Leif Biberg Kristensen
> http://solumslekt.org/

Brian Modra   Land line: +27 23 5411 462
Mobile: +27 79 69 77 082
5 Jan Louw Str, Prince Albert, 6930
Postal: P.O. Box 2, Prince Albert 6930
South Africa
http://www.zwartberg.com/

Re: Advice on webbased database reporting

От
Boszormenyi Zoltan
Дата:
Hi,

Davor J. írta:
> I need to make certain views from the database visible online (on our
> webpage) and I wonder if there is any reasonably quick solution for this
> that works with Postgres?
>
> At best, a query should be specified and the user should be able to select
> the layout on certain columns (like stepped, or outlined).
>
> I don't mind running a whole CMS on our Apache server as long as it allows
> me to make reports and is free to use.
>
> Has anyone any suggestions?
>
> Kind regards,
> Davor

have you seen RLIB? It's a nice XML based reporting tool
that can use PostgreSQL. The output can be PDF, HTML, etc.

http://rlib.sicompos.com/

You should get the CVS version from sourceforge,
it has quite some fixes since the last public release.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Re: Advice on webbased database reporting

От
"Davor J."
Дата:
Thank you all for the nice suggestions!