Обсуждение: Bug on pg_lesslog

Bug on pg_lesslog

От
Koichi Suzuki
Дата:
Dear Folks;

A very serious bug was reported on pg_lesslog.   So far, I found it's
a bug in pg_compresslog.   Please do not use pg_compresslog and
pg_decompresslog until improved version is uploaded.

I strongly advise to take base backup of your database.

I apologize for inconvenience.   I'll upload the new version ASAP.

Warmest Regards;

----------
Koichi Suzuki

Re: [HACKERS] Bug on pg_lesslog

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 23:39 +0900, Koichi Suzuki wrote:
> Dear Folks;
>
> A very serious bug was reported on pg_lesslog.   So far, I found it's
> a bug in pg_compresslog.   Please do not use pg_compresslog and
> pg_decompresslog until improved version is uploaded.
>
> I strongly advise to take base backup of your database.
>
> I apologize for inconvenience.   I'll upload the new version ASAP.

Should this go out on announce?

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.

Re: [HACKERS] Bug on pg_lesslog

От
Karl Denninger
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
A very serious bug was reported on pg_lesslog.   So far, I found it's
a bug in pg_compresslog.   Please do not use pg_compresslog and
pg_decompresslog until improved version is uploaded.

I strongly advise to take base backup of your database.

I apologize for inconvenience.   I'll upload the new version ASAP.
Should this go out on announce?
I certainly think so.  Anyone who gets caught "by surprise" on this could quite possibly lose all their data!

I (fortunately) caught it during TESTING of my archives - before I needed them.

-- Karl Denninger

Вложения

Re: [HACKERS] Bug on pg_lesslog

От
Koichi Suzuki
Дата:
Thank you very much for the advice.   Yes I think it should go to
announce.   I will post a message.
----------
Koichi Suzuki

2010/2/12 Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 23:39 +0900, Koichi Suzuki wrote:
>

> Dear Folks;
>
> A very serious bug was reported on pg_lesslog.   So far, I found it's
> a bug in pg_compresslog.   Please do not use pg_compresslog and
> pg_decompresslog until improved version is uploaded.
>
> I strongly advise to take base backup of your database.
>
> I apologize for inconvenience.   I'll upload the new version ASAP.
>

> Should this go out on announce?
>

> I certainly think so.  Anyone who gets caught "by surprise" on this could
> quite possibly lose all their data!
>
> I (fortunately) caught it during TESTING of my archives - before I needed
> them.
>
> -- Karl Denninger

Re: Bug on pg_lesslog

От