Обсуждение: Innotop for postgresl

Innotop for postgresl

От
Alexis Michon
Дата:

Re: Innotop for postgresl

От
Emanuel Calvo Franco
Дата:
> Is there any software for postgresql like innotop for mysql ?
> I would like to monitor postgresql with Cacti, but i didn't find any
> module for that in cacti, do you know a module for that ?

You have pgstats from Kenny Gorman. you can download my modified
version with some
enhacements (cosmetic at all) here:
http://desarrollos.siu.edu.ar/trac/postgresql/attachment/wiki/Desarrollos/pgstat

--
              Emanuel Calvo Franco
             DBA at:  www.siu.edu.ar

Re: Innotop for postgresl

От
Baron Schwartz
Дата:
Hi,

> Is there any software for postgresql like innotop for mysql ?

I am not sure.  A while ago I saw a demo of pgtop, but I haven't
actually used it.  I forget exactly who created it, but I think that
at least Selena Deckelmann had contributed to it.

> I would like to monitor postgresql with Cacti, but i didn't find any
> module for that in cacti, do you know a module for that ?

No, but perhaps it would be a good thing to add to
http://code.google.com/p/mysql-cacti-templates/ (which despite the
name has high-quality templates for quite a few different things).

Re: Innotop for postgresl

От
Chris
Дата:
Alexis Michon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any software for postgresql like innotop for mysql ?
> I would like to monitor postgresql with Cacti, but i didn't find any
> module for that in cacti, do you know a module for that ?

There is 'ptop' for watching things in progress:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ptop/

This looks promising for monitoring postgres in cacti:

http://forums.cacti.net/about23300.html

I don't use cacti myself so not sure how well it works if at all.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: Innotop for postgresl

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Alexis Michon wrote:

> Is there any software for postgresql like innotop for mysql ?
> I would like to monitor postgresql with Cacti, but i didn't find any
> module for that in cacti, do you know a module for that ?

See pg_top
http://ptop.projects.postgresql.org/

Not sure about Cacti, but some people use Munin and Zabbix successfully.
You can probably find scripts/modules by searching around.

Re: Innotop for postgresl

От
Erik Jones
Дата:
On Jan 3, 2010, at 4:10 AM, Alexis Michon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any software for postgresql like innotop for mysql ?
> I would like to monitor postgresql with Cacti, but i didn't find any
> module for that in cacti, do you know a module for that ?

While some templates that already do this are fine, it's not hard to write some cacti graph templates that simply
executescripts that get their values from the pg_stat_get_*() functions directly:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/monitoring-stats.html#MONITORING-STATS-VIEWS

Erik Jones, Database Administrator
Engine Yard
Support, Scalability, Reliability