Обсуждение: object dependency workaround

object dependency workaround

От
"Little, Douglas"

Hello,

We’re migrating to Greenplum, and in our currently portfolio we base everything on views.

In our prior system, we could alter tables and then refresh the views, but in PG/greenplum most alters are blocked because of the dependent objects.

I understand that I can walk the pg_depends table to see the linkages, but what I really want to know

Is there a way to change the system behavior so that  ALTERs are allowed, perhaps invalidating dependent objects

Short of this, is there a recommended framework/functions for spooling off the dependent objects, performing the alter and then recreating all of the dependent objects?

Thanks  in advance.

Doug Little

Sr. Data Warehouse Architect | Enterprise Data Management | Orbitz Worldwide

Douglas.Little@orbitz.com

   orbitz.com | ebookers.com | hotelclub.com | cheaptickets.com | ratestogo.com | asiahotels.com

Вложения