Обсуждение: Installation problem

Installation problem

От
Pawan Agrawal
Дата:
Dear Sir,
I have installed postgresql 8.0 which is supportive to New genlib. But I am facing problem in connecting the database. during database connection the follwoing error is displayed.
psql:  received invalid response to SSL negotiation.
I am new to postgresql. Plese suggest me how can i solve this problem. the operating system on my pc is Window XP. I have changed defaut port no as the default port no was shown as used I ahave used 5433 as port No.

--
Thanks and Regards
Pawan R. Agrawal

Re: Installation problem

От
Vick Khera
Дата:
On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Pawan Agrawal<pawanagrawal4u4u@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed postgresql 8.0 which is supportive to New genlib. But I am
> facing problem in connecting the database. during database connection the
> follwoing error is displayed.

Postgres 8.0 is very old, especially if you are running it on Windows.
 Please upgrade to 8.3 and try again.  You should have better luck
with it.