Обсуждение: changing the locale of the DB cluster

changing the locale of the DB cluster

От
Kent Tong
Дата:
Hi,

I know that it is impossible to change the locale. But can I pg_dump all the
databases, run initdb again using the desired locale, and then pg_restore?

-----
--
Kent Tong
Wicket tutorials freely available at http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDW

Re: changing the locale of the DB cluster

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 21/05/2009 07:39, Kent Tong wrote:

> I know that it is impossible to change the locale. But can I pg_dump all the
> databases, run initdb again using the desired locale, and then pg_restore?

Absolutely - this is no different from an upgrade scenario.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie