Обсуждение: Where is tsearch2.sql

Where is tsearch2.sql

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
Hi,

Just installed 8.3.7 on a W2K3 machine using the pginstaller. I cannot
find contrib/tsearch2.sql - I need to import an 8.2 backup with the old
tsearch2 but cannot find the new compatibility layer sql file.

Where is it???

Thanks,

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com

Re: Where is tsearch2.sql

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 18/05/2009 23:28, Howard Cole wrote:

> Just installed 8.3.7 on a W2K3 machine using the pginstaller. I cannot
> find contrib/tsearch2.sql - I need to import an 8.2 backup with the old
> tsearch2 but cannot find the new compatibility layer sql file.

Hi there,

tsearch2 was incorporated into the PostgreSQL core as of version 8.3, so
you won't find it in contrib any more. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: Where is tsearch2.sql

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 18/05/2009 23:28, Howard Cole wrote:
>

>> Just installed 8.3.7 on a W2K3 machine using the pginstaller. I cannot
>> find contrib/tsearch2.sql - I need to import an 8.2 backup with the old
>> tsearch2 but cannot find the new compatibility layer sql file.
>>

> Hi there,
>
> tsearch2 was incorporated into the PostgreSQL core as of version 8.3, so
> you won't find it in contrib any more. :-)
>
> Ray.

Thanks Ray - but according to the postgres manual (8.3.7) there is a SQL
file (contrib/tsearch2.sql) which allows me to import backups that were
created with the old tsearch2 (v8.2). I know this because I have used it
before - however this file no longer appears in the latest pginstaller.

Howard.

Re: Where is tsearch2.sql

От
Howard Cole
Please help :(

I have tried to install postgres 8.3.7 on three machines using the
pginstaller and none of them appear to install the contrib/tsearch2.sql
file.

If I look at my old installations (8.3.4 and 8.3.6)  then the
contrib/tsearch2.sql file is there.

Is there a problem with my installation or is the file missing from the
latest pginstaller? I cannot find anything about this in the release
notes so I am assuming that it should still be there?

Thanks in advance.

Howard.

Re: Where is tsearch2.sql

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
Howard Cole wrote:
> Please help :(
>
> I have tried to install postgres 8.3.7 on three machines using the
> pginstaller and none of them appear to install the
> contrib/tsearch2.sql file.
>
> If I look at my old installations (8.3.4 and 8.3.6)  then the
> contrib/tsearch2.sql file is there.
>
> Is there a problem with my installation or is the file missing from
> the latest pginstaller? I cannot find anything about this in the
> release notes so I am assuming that it should still be there?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Howard.

OK I've worked it out.... The files are missing from pginstaller. They
are in the One Click installer however - so I suggest everyone use that
rather than the pginstaller if you need to import legacy tsearch2 data
in accordance with the manual.

Howard Cole
www.selestial.com