Обсуждение: windows service

windows service

От
garry@schoolteachers.co.uk
Дата:
Anyone know how to install Postgresql as a windows service from the command
line.
I have this as the correct syntax:
"c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "P4" -D
"c:\scholarpack\data"

Where P4 is the name of the service. However, I can not get the sc command to
accept the above string on the command line. Any help would be much
appreciated.
Regards
Garry

Re: windows service

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
garry@schoolteachers.co.uk wrote on 03.05.2009 13:32:
> Anyone know how to install Postgresql as a windows service from the command
> line.
> I have this as the correct syntax:
> "c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "P4" -D
> "c:\scholarpack\data"
>
> Where P4 is the name of the service. However, I can not get the sc command to
> accept the above string on the command line. Any help would be much
> appreciated.

If the service is already registered with the name "P4", you can start it using

net start P4

Thomas

Re: windows service

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 12:32 PM,  <garry@schoolteachers.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyone know how to install Postgresql as a windows service from the command
> line.
> I have this as the correct syntax:
> "c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "P4" -D
> "c:\scholarpack\data"
>
> Where P4 is the name of the service. However, I can not get the sc command to
> accept the above string on the command line. Any help would be much
> appreciated.

pg_ctl can install itself:

pg_ctl register [-N servicename] [-U username] [-P password] [-D
datadir] [-w] [-t seconds] [-o options]

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/app-pg-ctl.html

--
Dave Page

Re: windows service

От
Adam Ruth
Дата:
One option is sc.exe command.

sc create postgresql binPath= "^"c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin
\pg_ctl.exe^" runservice -w -N ^"P4^" -D ^"c:\scholarpack\data^"" -
start auto

On 03/05/2009, at 9:32 PM, garry@schoolteachers.co.uk wrote:

> Anyone know how to install Postgresql as a windows service from the
> command
> line.
> I have this as the correct syntax:
> "c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin\pg_ctl.exe" runservice -w -N "P4" -D
> "c:\scholarpack\data"
>
> Where P4 is the name of the service. However, I can not get the sc
> command to
> accept the above string on the command line. Any help would be much
> appreciated.
> Regards
> Garry

Re: windows service

От
John R Pierce
Adam Ruth wrote:
> One option is sc.exe command.
>
> sc create postgresql binPath=
> "^"c:\scholarpack\postgres\bin\pg_ctl.exe^" runservice -w -N ^"P4^" -D
> ^"c:\scholarpack\data^"" -start auto

except, on a SC CREATE, you'd need to specify a lot more than just the
binpath.   I'd suspect at least  obj= username password= password

Far better to use the pg_ctl register command as Dave Page said...