Обсуждение: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

"PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Christophe
Дата:
Greetings,

The video from the April 8, 2009 SFPUG meeting, "PostgreSQL in the
Cloud," is now available for viewing or download from the
media.postgresql.org server:

    http://media.postgresql.org/sfpug/sfpug-cloud-20090408.mov

Thanks to Josh Berkus for his organizational talents, and Dirk
Jagdmann for running the live streaming during the event.

-- Xof

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Дата:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:11:23 -0700
Christophe <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

>     http://media.postgresql.org/sfpug/sfpug-cloud-20090408.mov
>
> Thanks to Josh Berkus for his organizational talents, and Dirk
> Jagdmann for running the live streaming during the event.

wget says it is a 1Gb file.
Is there anything smaller?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
<mail@webthatworks.it> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:11:23 -0700
> Christophe <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:
>
>>     http://media.postgresql.org/sfpug/sfpug-cloud-20090408.mov
>>
>> Thanks to Josh Berkus for his organizational talents, and Dirk
>> Jagdmann for running the live streaming during the event.
>
> wget says it is a 1Gb file.
> Is there anything smaller?
>
> thanks

If you'd like I can dl and rencode it quite a bit smaller I'm sure.
It'll take several hours to dl, process, then upload, but that's
mostly machine time, right? :)

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:

>>>     http://media.postgresql.org/sfpug/sfpug-cloud-20090408.mov
>>>
>>> Thanks to Josh Berkus for his organizational talents, and Dirk
>>> Jagdmann for running the live streaming during the event.
>>>
>> wget says it is a 1Gb file.
>> Is there anything smaller?
>>
> If you'd like I can dl and rencode it quite a bit smaller I'm sure.
> It'll take several hours to dl, process, then upload, but that's
> mostly machine time, right? :)

The people doing the actual work will correct me if I'm wrong, but I
believe it will be up on vimeo.com fairly soon as last month's is.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Дата:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:36:49 -0700
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:

> >> wget says it is a 1Gb file.
> >> Is there anything smaller?

> > If you'd like I can dl and rencode it quite a bit smaller I'm
> > sure. It'll take several hours to dl, process, then upload, but
> > that's mostly machine time, right? :)

I was just thinking about a public "official" place for everybody.
I'm going to sleep so I'm not going to miss the bandwidth required
for downloading the full stuff ;) but still then it will have to
find it's way back to a public place.

> The people doing the actual work will correct me if I'm wrong, but
> I believe it will be up on vimeo.com fairly soon as last month's
> is.

Can vimeo movie be downloaded?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Christophe
Дата:
On Apr 13, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> wget says it is a 1Gb file.
> Is there anything smaller?

Since I have the master right here, I'll be happy to reencode it to a
smaller size (250mb is probably the reasonable lower limit before the
video quality reaches the point that we might as well just post the
audio :) ).

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 23:48 +0200, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> was just thinking about a public "official" place for everybody.
> I'm going to sleep so I'm not going to miss the bandwidth required
> for downloading the full stuff ;) but still then it will have to
> find it's way back to a public place.
>
> > The people doing the actual work will correct me if I'm wrong, but
> > I believe it will be up on vimeo.com fairly soon as last month's
> > is.
>
> Can vimeo movie be downloaded?

Yes Vimeo can download and I will have it up soon.

Joshua D> Drkae

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
Christophe
Дата:
On Apr 13, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Yes Vimeo can download and I will have it up soon.

Thank you!  My work here is done. :)

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 14:44 -0700, Christophe wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> > wget says it is a 1Gb file.
> > Is there anything smaller?
>
> Since I have the master right here, I'll be happy to reencode it to a
> smaller size (250mb is probably the reasonable lower limit before the
> video quality reaches the point that we might as well just post the
> audio :) ).

We really don't want anything that is less than about 700MB. After that
it is just youtube crap. At least with 700MB we get SVCD quality.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: "PostgreSQL in the cloud" now up on media.postgresql.org

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 14:55 -0700, Christophe wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Yes Vimeo can download and I will have it up soon.
>
> Thank you!  My work here is done. :)

And it is now up on vimeo.

http://www.vimeo.com/4144396

Joshua D. Drake