Обсуждение: Single missing WAL in long sequence..

Single missing WAL in long sequence..

От
Aimon Bustardo
Дата:
Hi, I ran into a recovery problem where I have a single missing WAL
file in a long sequence. I need a way to recover past that missing WAL
archive. I am desperately hoping there is a way to do this. Any help
that can be given will be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!

Aimon

Re: Single missing WAL in long sequence..

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 21:51 -0700, Aimon Bustardo wrote:

> Hi, I ran into a recovery problem where I have a single missing WAL
> file in a long sequence. I need a way to recover past that missing WAL
> archive. I am desperately hoping there is a way to do this. Any help
> that can be given will be extremely appreciated!

There is no supported way of doing this because there may have been
dependencies between what was in the missing file and what comes later.

We are able to assist you with commercial recovery services to
investigate and recover data following detailed analysis. It will take
some time and is outside the help we can reasonably provide for free.

Re: Single missing WAL in long sequence..

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
Aimon Bustardo wrote:
> Hi, I ran into a recovery problem where I have a single missing WAL
> file in a long sequence. I need a way to recover past that missing WAL
> archive. I am desperately hoping there is a way to do this. Any help
> that can be given will be extremely appreciated!

I am sorry, but you cannot do that.
If you cannot get the missing WAL segment, you cannot recover.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Single missing WAL in long sequence..

От
berdam
Дата:
how to unsubscribe of this list??????????

Simon Riggs escreveu:
> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 21:51 -0700, Aimon Bustardo wrote:
>

>> Hi, I ran into a recovery problem where I have a single missing WAL
>> file in a long sequence. I need a way to recover past that missing WAL
>> archive. I am desperately hoping there is a way to do this. Any help
>> that can be given will be extremely appreciated!
>>

> There is no supported way of doing this because there may have been
> dependencies between what was in the missing file and what comes later.
>
> We are able to assist you with commercial recovery services to
> investigate and recover data following detailed analysis. It will take
> some time and is outside the help we can reasonably provide for free.

Uberdam Cavaletti
Formado em Tecnologia da informação - Unoesc - Xxe
Pós graduado em Desenvolvimento Java - Unoesc - Xxe

Acesse  http://www.curricular.com.br/berdam
Acesse  http://passandoveneno.blogspot.com

Re: Single missing WAL in long sequence..

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 25/03/2009 02:21, berdam wrote:
> how to unsubscribe of this list??????????

Instructions are at the bottom of every post sent out via this mailing
list.....

Ray.

rod@iol.ie