Обсуждение: quit milis

quit milis

От
Tonny Sapri
Дата:
I want quit milis postgresql.

thank you.

      Mulai chatting dengan teman di Yahoo! Pingbox baru sekarang!! Membuat tempat chat pribadi di blog Anda sekarang
sangatlahmudah. http://id.messenger.yahoo.com/pingbox/

Re: quit milis

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Tonny Sapri wrote:
> I want quit milis postgresql.

There is a form you can fill in here:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

disallow updates on column or whole table

От
Peter Billen
Дата:
Hi all,

What is the best way to disallow updates on a column of a table, or even
on a whole table itself?

I can write a BEFORE UPDATE trigger which compares old.column_name(s) to
new.column_name(s) and raise an exception if these values are different.

Are there better ways?

Certain properties cannot be changed once inserted. I would like to
enforce that in my database schema.

Thanks in advance. Kind regards,

Peter

Re: disallow updates on column or whole table

От
Bill Moran
Дата:
Don't change thread subjects, it confuses people.  Start a new thread
if you have a new topic.

> What is the best way to disallow updates on a column of a table, or even
> on a whole table itself?
>
> I can write a BEFORE UPDATE trigger which compares old.column_name(s) to
> new.column_name(s) and raise an exception if these values are different.
>
> Are there better ways?

You can use the GRANT system to enforce table-wide restrictions.  See
the docs on GRANT and REVOKE and associated doc sections.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com