Обсуждение: Expected password response, got message type 88

Expected password response, got message type 88

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
Server logs files contain a lot of messages

Expected password response, got message type 88

This occurs when user tries to log-in but login fails for strange reason.
User must enter password several times to log-in to application.

What causes this message ?
I'm using ODBC driver from windows client.

Andrus.

Re: Expected password response, got message type 88

Дата:
"Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
> Server logs files contain a lot of messages
> Expected password response, got message type 88

> This occurs when user tries to log-in but login fails for strange reason.
> User must enter password several times to log-in to application.

> What causes this message ?
> I'm using ODBC driver from windows client.

It looks to me like the ODBC driver is failing to follow the protocol.
It shouldn't respond with an 'X' if it doesn't have a password, just
disconnect.

            regards, tom lane