Обсуждение: W2K8

W2K8

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
Hello all,

Does postgres 8.3.* work on Windows w2k8 x64? I could not find any
reference to this on the website.

Thanks.

Re: W2K8

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does postgres 8.3.* work on Windows w2k8 x64? I could not find any reference
> to this on the website.

It should work just fine.

--
Dave Page

Re: W2K8

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 01:25:40PM +0100, Howard Cole wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does postgres 8.3.* work on Windows w2k8 x64? I could not find any
> reference to this on the website.

I think it does. It certaily works on w2k3 x64 and it should work on w2k8
on x86. I haven't heard a specific report about it working on w2k8 x64, but
since I have heard no report that it *doesn't* work, I think you can safely
assume that it works :-)

//Magnus

Re: W2K8

От
Howard Cole
Дата:
> I think it does. It certaily works on w2k3 x64 and it should work on w2k8
> on x86. I haven't heard a specific report about it working on w2k8 x64, but
> since I have heard no report that it *doesn't* work, I think you can safely
> assume that it works :-)

Thanks Magnus, Dave. On those assertive confirmations I shall get one
ordered! I'll assume you'll pay the bill to revert to W2k3 if it doesn't ;)

Howard.

Re: W2K8

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com> wrote:

>> I think it does. It certaily works on w2k3 x64 and it should work on w2k8
>> on x86. I haven't heard a specific report about it working on w2k8 x64,
>> but
>> since I have heard no report that it *doesn't* work, I think you can
>> safely
>> assume that it works :-)
>>

> Thanks Magnus, Dave. On those assertive confirmations I shall get one
> ordered! I'll assume you'll pay the bill to revert to W2k3 if it doesn't ;)

Probably not - but I am actually installing 2k8 x64 to do some
benchmarking right now. If you want to hold off for a day or so until
it's running and tested, I can let you know if it seems OK. I
seriously doubt there will be any issues though - we know it works on
Vista which is largely the same under the hood.

--
Dave Page

Re: W2K8

От
Raul Carolus
Дата:
We have a server running in our test environment under 2k8 and it is
working for what we need to.  It's not under heavy load, though.  We
have quite a few 2k3 64bit installations that postgres keeps on keepin' on.

-Raul Carolus