Обсуждение: max_fsm_relations question

max_fsm_relations question

От
"Kynn Jones"
Дата:
Hi.  I have a database that is created and populated by a Perl script.  (FWIW, the size of this database is about 12GB, according to pg_database_size()).

If, right after the database is built, I connect to it and manually run VACUUM ANALYZE, I get the warning

NOTICE:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".

I find this puzzling because the database has only 120 relations.

Is there a way I can structure the populating of the database to get rid of this message?  E.g. would it help to have the script run VACUUM after it populates each new table?

Thanks!

Kynn

Re: max_fsm_relations question

От
Bill Moran
Дата:

> Hi.  I have a database that is created and populated by a Perl script.
>  (FWIW, the size of this database is about 12GB, according to
> pg_database_size()).
>
> If, right after the database is built, I connect to it and manually run
> VACUUM ANALYZE, I get the warning
>
> NOTICE:  max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
> HINT:  You have at least 1000 relations.  Consider increasing the
> configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations".
>
> I find this puzzling because the database has only 120 relations.

How many other databases do you have on that server?  fsm_relations has
to track all relations in all databases.

> Is there a way I can structure the populating of the database to get rid of
> this message?  E.g. would it help to have the script run VACUUM after it
> populates each new table?

No.  If that parameter is too low you need to raise it, period.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com