Обсуждение: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

От
John Meyer
Дата:
Especially when I haven't edited anything yet?

Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
John Meyer wrote:
> Especially when I haven't edited anything yet?

You might want to tell the readers here just a *little* bit more about
your problem.

Start with "what menu?!?".

More seriously:

- What is your operating system
- What is the version of your operating system
- What version of PostgreSQL do you have
- How and from where did you obtain and install that version

... and what menu, exactly, are you talking about? Given your post I
have to randomly guess "the Start menu in Windows XP or Vista" ... but
that's very much a guess.

Remember, nobody (except perhaps Tom Lane) around here is psychic. They
don't know what you don't tell them, so you need to provide full and
detailed explanations in your posts.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

От
"Karsten Hilbert"
Дата:
> Especially when I haven't edited anything yet?

Because you might want to.
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

От
johnf
Дата:
On Saturday 02 August 2008 01:12:35 am Craig Ringer wrote:
> John Meyer wrote:
> > Especially when I haven't edited anything yet?
>
> You might want to tell the readers here just a *little* bit more about
> your problem.
>
> Start with "what menu?!?".
>
> More seriously:
>
> - What is your operating system
> - What is the version of your operating system
> - What version of PostgreSQL do you have
> - How and from where did you obtain and install that version
>
> ... and what menu, exactly, are you talking about? Given your post I
> have to randomly guess "the Start menu in Windows XP or Vista" ... but
> that's very much a guess.
>
> Remember, nobody (except perhaps Tom Lane) around here is psychic. They
> don't know what you don't tell them, so you need to provide full and
> detailed explanations in your posts.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

I wonder if he talking about pgadmin3?  It's on the menu.

--
John Fabiani

Re: Is there any reason why "edit PostgreSQL.conf should be on my menu"

От
"Rodrigo E. De León Plicet"
Дата:
On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 9:14 AM, johnf <jfabiani@yolo.com> wrote:
> I wonder if he talking about pgadmin3?  It's on the menu.

Only J.M. knows for sure...