Обсуждение: TSearch2 Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3

TSearch2 Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3

От
"Oliver Weichhold"
Дата:
Hi

I run a site with several MediaWiki installations all running on PostgreSQL 8.2.5 utilizing TSearch2. Is there something like a Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3 for tsearch2 users?

Cheers
Oliver

Re: TSearch2 Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Oliver Weichhold wrote:
> Hi
>
> I run a site with several MediaWiki installations all running on PostgreSQL
> 8.2.5 utilizing TSearch2. Is there something like a Migration Guide from 8.2to
> 8.3 for tsearch2 users?

Hmm - there was a blog posting recently that linked to a load of
migration stuff...

Here - this links to a short tsearch2 piece as well as a lot of other
material

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/xzilla/index.php?/archives/333-PostgreSQL-Blogs-8.3-Feature-Round-Up.html#extended

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: TSearch2 Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3

Дата:
> Oliver Weichhold wrote:
>> Is there something like a Migration Guide from 8.2to
>> 8.3 for tsearch2 users?

> Hmm - there was a blog posting recently that linked to a load of
> migration stuff...

There's always RTFM:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch-migration.html

(Note that the blog you linked to is a bit out of date, as it
predates the creation of the tsearch2 compatibility module.)

            regards, tom lane

Re: TSearch2 Migration Guide from 8.2 to 8.3

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 12 February 2008 10:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> writes:
> > Oliver Weichhold wrote:
> >> Is there something like a Migration Guide from 8.2to
> >> 8.3 for tsearch2 users?
> >
> > Hmm - there was a blog posting recently that linked to a load of
> > migration stuff...
>
> There's always RTFM:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/textsearch-migration.html
>
> (Note that the blog you linked to is a bit out of date, as it
> predates the creation of the tsearch2 compatibility module.)

Note another possible solution for mediawiki users is to do a fresh install
using latest svn, which has native 8.3 fts support for postgres, and then do
an xml dump/import of the wiki contents.

--
Robert Treat