Обсуждение: 8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

От
"Pierre Thibaudeau"
Дата:
I just downloaded the 8.3 Windows installation (binary with installer).

My database uses tsearch2.  I was about to follow the conversions
instructions found at Appendix F31 (on the new tsearch module).
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html

However, I hit a problem when I get to step 2:  "In the new
installation, create empty database(s) and install the replacement
tsearch2 module into each database that will use text search."

I am assuming that the "replacement tsearch2 module" is some file
"tsearch2.sql" found in the folder share/contrib.  However, no such
file, or anything that looks remotely like it, in that folder or in
any folder around.

(If I download the sources, I can find a 16 Kb file entitled
"tsearch2.sql.in" inside contrib/tsearch2.  Is that the file I want?)

For reference, here is the full content of the share/contrib folder,
after the Windows installation:

_int.sql
adminpack.sql
autoinc.sql
btree_gist.sql
chkpass.sql
cube.sql
dblink.sql
earthdistance.sql
fuzzystrmatch.sql
hstore.sql
insert_username.sql
int_aggregate.sql
isn.sql
lo.sql
ltree.sql
moddatetime.sql
pageinspect.sql
pg_buffercache.sql
pg_freespacemap.sql
pg_trgm.sql
pgcrypto.sql
pgrowlocks.sql
pgstattuple.sql
pgxml.sql
pldbgapi.sql
refint.sql
seg.sql
sslinfo.sql
tablefunc.sql
timetravel.sql
uninstall__int.sql
uninstall_adminpack.sql
uninstall_btree_gist.sql
uninstall_chkpass.sql
uninstall_cube.sql
uninstall_dblink.sql
uninstall_earthdistance.sql
uninstall_fuzzystrmatch.sql
uninstall_hstore.sql
uninstall_int_aggregate.sql
uninstall_isn.sql
uninstall_lo.sql
uninstall_ltree.sql
uninstall_pageinspect.sql
uninstall_pg_buffercache.sql
uninstall_pg_freespacemap.sql
uninstall_pg_trgm.sql
uninstall_pgrowlocks.sql
uninstall_pgstattuple.sql
uninstall_pgxml.sql
uninstall_seg.sql
uninstall_sslinfo.sql
uninstall_tablefunc.sql

Re: 8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

От
Chris
Дата:
Pierre Thibaudeau wrote:
> I just downloaded the 8.3 Windows installation (binary with installer).
>
> My database uses tsearch2.  I was about to follow the conversions
> instructions found at Appendix F31 (on the new tsearch module).
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html
>
> However, I hit a problem when I get to step 2:  "In the new
> installation, create empty database(s) and install the replacement
> tsearch2 module into each database that will use text search."

The docs will need to be updated because tsearch2 is now in the core and
should already be available, it's not an external module any more.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: 8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

Дата:
"Pierre Thibaudeau" <pierdeux@gmail.com> writes:
> I am assuming that the "replacement tsearch2 module" is some file
> "tsearch2.sql" found in the folder share/contrib.  However, no such
> file, or anything that looks remotely like it, in that folder or in
> any folder around.

Hmm, it's definitely getting built by the Windows buildfarm members,
so this is not an oversight in the MSVC build script.  I think it
must be an omission in the installer ... Dave, Magnus?

> (If I download the sources, I can find a 16 Kb file entitled
> "tsearch2.sql.in" inside contrib/tsearch2.  Is that the file I want?)

You'd have to edit it to replace MODULE_PATHNAME with the right thing.
A bigger problem is that the tsearch2 dll is probably omitted too :-(

            regards, tom lane

Re: 8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

От
"Pierre Thibaudeau"
Дата:
> > My database uses tsearch2.  I was about to follow the conversions
> > instructions found at Appendix F31 (on the new tsearch module).
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html
> The docs will need to be updated because tsearch2 is now in the core and
> should already be available, it's not an external module any more.

Appendix F31 (which I quoted previously) indeed acknowledges that fact
(that tsearch2 is in the core).  The instructions I focused on explain
how to "convert" an 8.2 database already using tsearch2, without going
through the trouble of renaming the tsearch2 functions.  Therefore, I
think the docs are fine.  The problem is the missing tsearch2.sql
script...

>You'd have to edit it to replace MODULE_PATHNAME with the right thing.
>A bigger problem is that the tsearch2 dll is probably omitted too :-(

Indeed, I cannot find tsearch2.dll anywhere...