Обсуждение: CLUSTER = slower vacuum?

CLUSTER = slower vacuum?

От
"Phoenix Kiula"
Дата:
After I clustered the primary key index of a table with about 300,000
rows, my vacuum/analyze on that table is taking too long ... over 15
mins when originally it was 15 seconds! Nothing else has been changed
with this table. Is clustering not good for vacuums?

Re: CLUSTER = slower vacuum?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Phoenix Kiula escribió:
> After I clustered the primary key index of a table with about 300,000
> rows, my vacuum/analyze on that table is taking too long ... over 15
> mins when originally it was 15 seconds! Nothing else has been changed
> with this table. Is clustering not good for vacuums?

No.  Something else must be happening.  Maybe examine the output of
vacuum verbose to see where the time is going?