Обсуждение: log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

От
Brad Nicholson
Дата:
I'm wondering what that status of the fix for this is.  Looking at the
archives, it looks like Bruce had a patch
http://beta.linuxports.com/pgsql-jdbc/2006-08/msg00036.php

I don't see anything in the release notes though.  What's the status on
this?
--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Re: log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

Дата:
Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> I'm wondering what that status of the fix for this is.

AFAIK it all works ... grab beta2 and try it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

От
Brad Nicholson
Дата:
> Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> > I'm wondering what that status of the fix for this is.
>
> AFAIK it all works ... grab beta2 and try it.

Will do.  Is this strictly an 8.2 patch, or will it be back-ported to
8.1 and 7.4?

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Re: log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

Дата:
Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> Will do.  Is this strictly an 8.2 patch, or will it be back-ported to
> 8.1 and 7.4?

We aren't going to change the behavior of logging that much in existing
releases --- or were you just thinking of that core-dump condition in
8.1?  That's fixed in 8.1.5.

            regards, tom lane

Re: log_duration and JDBC V3 Preparded Statements

От
Brad Nicholson
Дата:
> Brad Nicholson <bnichols@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> > Will do.  Is this strictly an 8.2 patch, or will it be back-ported to
> > 8.1 and 7.4?
>
> We aren't going to change the behavior of logging that much in existing
> releases --- or were you just thinking of that core-dump condition in
> 8.1?  That's fixed in 8.1.5.

Nope, I was specifically thinking of the issue with prepared statements
with JDBC V3 not logging their duration.  Thanks.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106