Обсуждение: Cannot connect to Fedora Core 5 server from the network

Cannot connect to Fedora Core 5 server from the network

От
"dfx"
Дата:
Dear Sirs,

I have some trouble to connect to PostgreSQL .8.0 running on Fedora Core 5 server with PgAdmin III v. 1.4.2 running on Windows 2000 Server on the same (local) network.

The database server is accessible from PgAdmin ||| running on the same server (Linux) and it seems OK but is not accessible from the network.

The files pg_hba.conf and postgreql.conf are correctly configured (in my opinion...)

Is there some special setting to 'see' the SQL server from the network for Fedora Core 5 O.S.?

Thank you.

Domenico

Re: Cannot connect to Fedora Core 5 server from the network

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Wed, dem 18.10.2006, um  9:47:56 +0200 mailte dfx folgendes:
> The files pg_hba.conf and postgreql.conf are correctly configured (in my
> opinion...)

Sure? You need an entry for your LAN in the pg_hba - file.

> Is there some special setting to 'see' the SQL server from the network for
> Fedora Core 5 O.S.?

No. Do you have any firewalls?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)