Обсуждение: Perl language creation failed

Perl language creation failed

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
Hi,
I'm trying the following

CREATE LANGUAGE plperl
before executing my functions written in perl
but get the follwing error

ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks
~Harpreet

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Mon, dem 28.08.2006, um  1:25:51 -0400 mailte Harpreet Dhaliwal folgendes:
> Hi,
> I'm trying the following
>
> CREATE LANGUAGE plperl
> before executing my functions written in perl
> but get the follwing error
>
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory
>
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

You need the postgresql-plperl-8.1 (I assume, you are a Debian-User with
PG 8.1). Install this package first and then CREATE LANGUAGE.

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
I tried to install postgresql-plperl-8.1package.
It asks for a few dependencies.
i did yum install of those dependencies but says "nothing to do"

Can you tell me whats wrong with it?

Thanks,
~Harpreet.

On 8/28/06, Harpreet Dhaliwal <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm fedora core 5 user with PG 8.1

On 8/28/06, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com > wrote:
am  Mon, dem 28.08.2006 , um  1:25:51 -0400 mailte Harpreet Dhaliwal folgendes:
> Hi,
> I'm trying the following
>
> CREATE LANGUAGE plperl
> before executing my functions written in perl
> but get the follwing errors

> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory
>
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

You need the postgresql-plperl-8.1 (I assume, you are a Debian-User with
PG 8.1). Install this package first and then CREATE LANGUAGE.

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)
GnuPG-ID:   0x3FFF606C, privat 0x7F4584DA   http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net

               http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Perl language creation failed

Дата:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried to install postgresql-plperl-8.1package.
> It asks for a few dependencies.
> i did yum install of those dependencies but says "nothing to do"

My guess is that you're trying to install the wrong package, ie an
RPM built for a different distro or different Fedora version.

The Red Hat/Fedora RPMs package all the postgres PLs in a
single postgresql-pl RPM.  I don't know where postgresql-plperl
would have come from ... does Debian package it that way?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
Can anyone give me the right path for downlaod postgresql-plperl package for fedora core 5 (32 bit) postgresql version 8.1.4.

The one that i found closest to the needs is  not working. Tried a few more but all of them throw the  same problem.

What would be the most authentic source?

Thanks,
~Harpreet

On 8/28/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us > wrote:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" < harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried to install postgresql-plperl-8.1package.
> It asks for a few dependencies.
> i did yum install of those dependencies but says "nothing to do"

My guess is that you're trying to install the wrong package, ie an
RPM built for a different distro or different Fedora version.

The Red Hat/Fedora RPMs package all the postgres PLs in a
single postgresql-pl RPM.  I don't know where postgresql-plperl
would have come from ... does Debian package it that way?

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Perl language creation failed

Дата:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> Can anyone give me the right path for downlaod postgresql-plperl package for
> fedora core 5 (32 bit) postgresql version 8.1.4.

sudo yum install postgresql-pl

            regards, tom lane

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
I did
sudo yum install postgresql-plperl*

and it says dependency perl-base = 2:5.8.8 is missing.

I did yum install perl-base = 2:5.8.8 and its says nothing to do
Tried sudo yum install perl-base = 2:5.8.8 and says nothing do
Even tried yum install perl-base* and still says nothing to do

Don't know whats going wrong

~Harpreet

"Harpreet Dhaliwal" < harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:
> Can anyone give me the right path for downlaod postgresql-plperl package for
> fedora core 5 (32 bit) postgresql version 8.1.4.

sudo yum install postgresql-pl

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
Jorge Godoy
Дата:
"Harpreet Dhaliwal" <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> writes:

> I did
> sudo yum install postgresql-plperl*
> and it says dependency perl-base = 2:5.8.8 is missing.
> I did yum install perl-base = 2:5.8.8 and its says nothing to do
> Tried sudo yum install perl-base = 2:5.8.8 and says nothing do
> Even tried yum install perl-base* and still says nothing to do
> Don't know whats going wrong

To start you're not typing the command Tom said you to.  Try it first.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

Re: Perl language creation failed

От
"Harpreet Dhaliwal"
Дата:
Exactly. Sorry for being so careless. Was thinking something else after being bugged up.
Done now.
Thanks alot,

~Harpreet