Обсуждение: ERROR: checkpoint request failed

ERROR: checkpoint request failed

От
"Stuart Grimshaw"
Дата:
When I try and create a new database I get the following error:

ERROR:  checkpoint request failed
HINT:  Consult the server log for details.

but the error log (/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log) just
repeats the same error message.

This is Postgres 8.1, from Debian Unstable debs. There are other
databases on the same server, I somehow managed to create them ( a few
months ago)

--
-S

Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk

Re: ERROR: checkpoint request failed

> When I try and create a new database I get the following error:
> ERROR:  checkpoint request failed
> HINT:  Consult the server log for details.

> but the error log (/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log) just
> repeats the same error message.

What appears *before* that in the log?  There should be some error
message coming out of the bgwriter.

            regards, tom lane