Обсуждение: upgrade 8.0.4 to 8.1.4 breakage

upgrade 8.0.4 to 8.1.4 breakage

От
brian ally
Дата:
fedora core 2, upgrade from 8.0.4 -> 8.1.4 via RPM

I've just upgraded, everything /seemed/ to go swimmingly, but now i
cannot connect via PHP. I can connect fine through psql, and all my
tables have been restored fine.

Using PEAR MDB2 wrappers (MDB2-2.0.3). Has anyone else seen this? Is
this a PEAR issue?

A similar upgrade on fedora core 4 went very well. The only difference
there was it was done from source. Any debugging advice accepted.

brian

Re: upgrade 8.0.4 to 8.1.4 breakage SOLVED

От
brian ally
Дата:
~ahem~

I'd forgotten to adjust pg_hba.conf

All is good. Carry on.

brian

brian ally wrote:
> fedora core 2, upgrade from 8.0.4 -> 8.1.4 via RPM
>
> I've just upgraded, everything /seemed/ to go swimmingly, but now i
> cannot connect via PHP. I can connect fine through psql, and all my
> tables have been restored fine.
>
> Using PEAR MDB2 wrappers (MDB2-2.0.3). Has anyone else seen this? Is
> this a PEAR issue?
>
> A similar upgrade on fedora core 4 went very well. The only difference
> there was it was done from source. Any debugging advice accepted.
>
> brian

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: upgrade 8.0.4 to 8.1.4 breakage

От
Chris
Дата:
brian ally wrote:
> fedora core 2, upgrade from 8.0.4 -> 8.1.4 via RPM

Did you upgrade the php-pgsql library at the same time?

Not 100% sure if you'll need to do that - probably will need to because
the postgres internals will have changed quite a bit between those versions.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/