Обсуждение: More confirmation: pgadmin3 freezeup fixed by wxgtk 2.6.3

More confirmation: pgadmin3 freezeup fixed by wxgtk 2.6.3

От
Kenneth Downs
Дата:
I've gotten a chance to upgrade wxGTK to 2.6.3.2.  I can no longer
deliberately reproduce the freezeup caused by a double-click on selected
text in the query analyzer.

This btw is using pgadmin3 1.2.

Вложения

Re: More confirmation: pgadmin3 freezeup fixed by wxgtk 2.6.3

От
"Dave Page"

Good, thanks for letting us know.

> This btw is using pgadmin3 1.2.

Any reason for not using 1.4.2?

Regards, Dave

I've gotten a chance to upgrade wxGTK to 2.6.3.2.  I can no
longer deliberately reproduce the freezeup caused by a
double-click on selected text in the query analyzer.
Good, thanks for letting us know.
This btw is using pgadmin3 1.2.
Any reason for not using 1.4.2?

Only my negligence :)

My distro, which is gentoo, automatically installed its latest stable version when I recompiled, which downgraded me to 1.2.  I forgot about that and have to explicitly tell it to compile 1.4
Вложения

Re: More confirmation: pgadmin3 freezeup fixed by wxgtk

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
Kenneth Downs wrote:
> I've gotten a chance to upgrade wxGTK to 2.6.3.2.  I can no longer
> deliberately reproduce the freezeup caused by a double-click on selected
> text in the query analyzer.

Anyone caring about a non-freezable pgadmin in their distro should notify
the vendor of the distro, or the maintainer of the relevant wx package
and/or pgadmin3 package.

Since wx introduced some api-changes between 2.6.1 and 2.6.3 some distros
are still using 2.6.1 (e.g. Ubuntu Dapper, which is currently in beta, and
will be release sometime in june). I already submitted a bugreport, and hope
that they will consider upgrading wx to 2.6.3.

greetings, Florian Pflug