Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
"Stephen Slezak"
Дата:
In the interim period while a central PostgreSQL community knowledge base is being put together, Pervasive Software is
openingup access to our PostgreSQL Knowledge Base ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/instantkb13/). Any interested
personcan submit a KB article on our web site ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/kb/kbarticle.asp) and after review to
makesure all is on the up and up, we will post it in our Knowledge Base. Of course authors will receive credit.

When the Community version of the Knowledge Base is ready to go, any and all articles submitted will be made available
toit.

Enjoy!

Stephen Slezak
Director Worldwide Marketing, Database Division
Pervasive Software
http://www.pervasive.co

Re: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:25:16PM +0100, Stephen Slezak wrote:
> In the interim period while a central PostgreSQL community knowledge
> base is being put together, Pervasive Software is opening up access
> to our PostgreSQL Knowledge Base (
> http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/instantkb13/). Any interested person
> can submit a KB article on our web site (
> http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/kb/kbarticle.asp) and after review
> to make sure all is on the up and up, we will post it in our
> Knowledge Base. Of course authors will receive credit.

Good news. My only question is: are you limiting your target audience?
For example, do you intend to have it aimed at non-technical end-users
or are you also aiming at technical docs relating making external
modules and such?

Have a nice day,

PostgreSQL Free Visual Manager

От
Ycrux
Дата:
Hi Folks!

I'm looking for a free or open source PostgreSQL visual manager (Linux
or Windows).

My aim is to quickly create and manage databases. The ability to export
DB schema to
file will be really useful for me.

Thanks in advance
/youn

Re: PostgreSQL Free Visual Manager

От
"Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra"
Дата:
http://www.pgadmin.org/

--
Atentamente,
     .~.

Re: PostgreSQL Free Visual Manager

От
Ycrux
Дата:
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try

cheers
/youn

Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra a écrit :
> http://www.pgadmin.org/
>
> 2006/3/15, Ycrux <ycrux@club-internet.fr>:
>
>> Hi Folks!
>>
>> I'm looking for a free or open source PostgreSQL visual manager (Linux
>> or Windows).
>>
>> My aim is to quickly create and manage databases. The ability to export
>> DB schema to
>> file will be really useful for me.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> /youn

>> TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
>>       choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
>>       match
>>

> --
> Atentamente,
>      .~.
>     ( 0 0 )      Moisés Alberto Lindo Gutarra
>     /  V  \           Asesor - Desarrollador Java / Open Source
>    //       \\              TUMI Solutions S.A.C.
> /((   _    ))\         Cel: 97366260  Trab: 3481104
>    oo0 0oo     MSN: mlindo@tumisolutions.com

Re: PostgreSQL Free Visual Manager

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
> I'm looking for a free or open source PostgreSQL visual manager (Linux
> or Windows).
>
> My aim is to quickly create and manage databases. The ability to
> export DB schema to
> file will be really useful for me.

It's not free, but you can get PG Lightning Admin right now for 5
dollars and 1 dollar goes to the postgresql project.
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com or
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/lightning_admin.php

You can print DDL, save as PDF, export and import to/from many sources,
tabbed enterprise manager, tabbed MDI interface, grant manager plus lots
more.
It's really nice and worth many times the 5 dollars it's going for right
now.

Tony

Re: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
"Stephen Slezak"
Дата:
No limit on the type of articles that can be submitted. The system can
easily accommodate the creation subsections/categories so we can easily
break out different types of articles into different sections. Searches
can them be made on the entire KB or only a specific section.

Steve

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:25:16PM +0100, Stephen Slezak wrote:
> In the interim period while a central PostgreSQL community knowledge
> base is being put together, Pervasive Software is opening up access
> to our PostgreSQL Knowledge Base (
> http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/instantkb13/). Any interested person
> can submit a KB article on our web site (
> http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/kb/kbarticle.asp) and after review
> to make sure all is on the up and up, we will post it in our
> Knowledge Base. Of course authors will receive credit.

Good news. My only question is: are you limiting your target audience?
For example, do you intend to have it aimed at non-technical end-users
or are you also aiming at technical docs relating making external
modules and such?

Have a nice day,
> Patent. n. Genius is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. A patent is
> tool for doing 5% of the work and then sitting around waiting for
someone

Re: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
"Nikolay Samokhvalov"
Дата:
On 3/15/06, Stephen Slezak <sslezak@pervasive.com> wrote:
> In the interim period while a central PostgreSQL community knowledge base is being put together, Pervasive Software
isopening up access to our PostgreSQL Knowledge Base ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/instantkb13/). Any interested
personcan submit a KB article on our web site ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/kb/kbarticle.asp) and after review to
makesure all is on the up and up, we will post it in our Knowledge Base. Of course authors will receive credit.

Thanks, it's quite interesting.

BTW, Pervasive uses ASP for the site, why? Very strange for those who
work with open source products/community...

And smth else (I hope it isn't connected to that ;-) ) - it's very
difficult to work with your site (at least right now and at least to
me), because loading of any page takes dozens of seconds.

Re: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
> On 3/15/06, Stephen Slezak <sslezak@pervasive.com> wrote:
>
>> In the interim period while a central PostgreSQL community knowledge base is being put together, Pervasive Software
isopening up access to our PostgreSQL Knowledge Base ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/instantkb13/). Any interested
personcan submit a KB article on our web site ( http://www.pervasivepostgres.com/kb/kbarticle.asp) and after review to
makesure all is on the up and up, we will post it in our Knowledge Base. Of course authors will receive credit.

> Thanks, it's quite interesting.
>
> BTW, Pervasive uses ASP for the site, why? Very strange for those who
> work with open source products/community...

Pervasive is pretty new to the OSS world. Give them time. They will learn ;)

> And smth else (I hope it isn't connected to that ;-) ) - it's very
> difficult to work with your site (at least right now and at least to
> me), because loading of any page takes dozens of seconds.

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: PostgreSQL Knowledge Base

От
"Stephen Slezak"
Дата:
lol

Long story.... a redesign is in the works

Steve