Обсуждение: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows

Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows

От
Michael Louie Loria
Дата:
Hello,

How do I run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows?

I know this is a security issue but I just want to test it in my
Administrator account.

Thanks,

Michael Louie Loria
LoRz Technology Solutions
http://www.lorztech.com

Вложения

Re: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Michael Louie Loria wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How do I run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows?
>
> I know this is a security issue but I just want to test it in my
> Administrator account.

You can't. It is a security issue and we don't allow it.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows

От
Michael Louie Loria
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> You can't. It is a security issue and we don't allow it.
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Thanks Joshua. that was a quick response.

Michael Louie Loria
LoRz Technology Solutions
http://www.lorztech.com

Вложения

Re: Run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows

Дата:
> Michael Louie Loria wrote:
>> How do I run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows?

> You can't. It is a security issue and we don't allow it.

FYI, there is code in CVS HEAD to allow starting the postmaster from
an admin account via pg_ctl: pg_ctl will give up admin privileges before
launching the postmaster, thereby closing the security hole.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Louie Loria wrote:
>>> How do I run PostgreSQL with Administrator account in Windows?
>
>> You can't. It is a security issue and we don't allow it.
>
> FYI, there is code in CVS HEAD to allow starting the postmaster from
> an admin account via pg_ctl: pg_ctl will give up admin privileges before
> launching the postmaster, thereby closing the security hole.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I was thinking of that but I'm new to PostgreSQL so I still don't know
how to compile it. Currently checking
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html and subscribing to
pgsql-hackers. Thanks

Michael Louie Loria