Обсуждение: Question about "pg_upgrade"

Question about "pg_upgrade"

От
DANTE ALEXANDRA
Дата:
Hello,

We have a question about "pg_upgrade". We work with PostGreSQL 8.1.2.

We have seen that with the 8.1.0 release, some programs from contrib are
now included in PostGreSQL, such as "dbsize".
Is it the same thing with "pg_upgrade" ?
Does it still exist ? If not, is there another tool to replace it ?

Regards,
Agnès & Alexandra

Re: Question about "pg_upgrade"

Дата:
DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a question about "pg_upgrade". We work with PostGreSQL 8.1.2.
>
> We have seen that with the 8.1.0 release, some programs from contrib are
> now included in PostGreSQL, such as "dbsize".
> Is it the same thing with "pg_upgrade" ?
> Does it still exist ? If not, is there another tool to replace it ?

pg_upgrade has not worked for several releases, and was moved to
pgfoundry or gborg.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com