Обсуждение: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
Hello,

I've been waiting five months for the majordomo moderators to approve
my subscription requests to several @postgresql.org mailing lists.

I sent an email to postmaster@postgresql.org more than two months ago,
also without any reaction.

What should I do to spark someone's interest?

Pls cc me on replies.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been waiting five months for the majordomo moderators to approve
> my subscription requests to several @postgresql.org mailing lists.

the majordomo moderators don't have to approve subscribe requests, you
will auto-receive an email message from the list confirming that you do
want to subscribe though ... its a fairly automated procedure ... if you
aren't receiving the 'confirm' messages, then there is an overall problem
with mail deliver ...

checking pgsql-general, you are already subscribed ... what other lists
are you trying to get onto?

----

Re: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# scrappy@postgresql.org / 2006-02-26 14:36:47 -0400:
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I've been waiting five months for the majordomo moderators to approve
> >my subscription requests to several @postgresql.org mailing lists.
>
> the majordomo moderators don't have to approve subscribe requests, you
> will auto-receive an email message from the list confirming that you do
> want to subscribe though ... its a fairly automated procedure ... if you
> aren't receiving the 'confirm' messages, then there is an overall problem
> with mail deliver ...
>
> checking pgsql-general, you are already subscribed ... what other lists
> are you trying to get onto?

    A copy of the message I sent to postmaster@postgresql.org last
    december is attached. I think it has all the evidence of approval
    being required you need.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.
Hello,

9E0C-7AF7-36CA.  The request has been processed up to

: >>>> accept 9E0C-7AF7-36CA
: ---- The accept command for token 9E0C-7AF7-36CA succeeded,
: ---- but further approval is needed.
: ----
: ---- Now the request must be approved by the moderators.
: ---- The results will be mailed to you after this is done.
: ----
: ----
:
: Valid commands processed: 1
: 0 succeeded, 1 stalled, and 0 failed.
:
: Use the following command:
:   sessioninfo d9a46448c54d3b48ad049e79e4c46dbaa9ee79f7
: to see technical information about this session.

Nothing happened since then.

I also tried to subscribe to general, hackers, perf, and sql on
September 24th, with tokens CA86-08AC-51A7, 225E-80E3-7C1A,
B43A-4209-5756, and 74A6-0E96-E08F, with exactly the same result.

Could someone point please process the requests?

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# neuhauser@sigpipe.cz / 2006-02-26 20:15:20 +0100:
> # scrappy@postgresql.org / 2006-02-26 14:36:47 -0400:
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> >
> > >Hello,
> > >
> > >I've been waiting five months for the majordomo moderators to approve
> > >my subscription requests to several @postgresql.org mailing lists.
> >
> > the majordomo moderators don't have to approve subscribe requests, you
> > will auto-receive an email message from the list confirming that you do
> > want to subscribe though ... its a fairly automated procedure ... if you
> > aren't receiving the 'confirm' messages, then there is an overall problem
> > with mail deliver ...
> >
> > checking pgsql-general, you are already subscribed ... what other lists
> > are you trying to get onto?
>
>     A copy of the message I sent to postmaster@postgresql.org last
>     december is attached. I think it has all the evidence of approval
>     being required you need.

    Please do let me know if I need to submit the subscription requests
    identified in the email again. I'd really appreciate if someone did
    help me through this.

    BTW, my first never replied to email to people who should take care
    of majordomo I could find is a mail sent to
    pgsql-docs-owner@postgresql.org on Wed, 3 Aug 2005 00:40:15 +0200

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.

Re: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
'k, I just checked all the lists you listed, and you are subscribed to
each of them ... are you not receiving messages?

----

Re: majordomo unmaintained, postmaster emails ignored?

От
Roman Neuhauser
Дата:
# scrappy@postgresql.org / 2006-02-26 19:01:58 -0400:
> 'k, I just checked all the lists you listed, and you are subscribed to
> each of them ... are you not receiving messages?

    I'm not receiving messages because I'm subscribed with nomail.
    That's not the problem however. I want to receive the list traffic
    to a different set of addresses, and that stalled ("the request must
    be approved by the moderators"), as well as my attempts to gain
    pgsql-docs-owner@'s and postmaster@'s attention.

    Does anyone read mail for the pgsql-<list>-owner@ and postmaster@
    aliases? Does anyone pay attention to the approval queue?

    Anyway, here's a few snippets from my last year's email
    conversations with majordomo@postgresql.org.

    My subscription requests: