Обсуждение: PgSQL as part of commercial product

PgSQL as part of commercial product

От
Arun Kannapiran
Дата:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would appreciate it if you could answer the below queries.

What are the licencing requirements for PgSQL ?

The company I work for is building a client-server application with a
PgSQL backend to be sold commercially on the market, are there any
licencing or other payments that need to be made ?

Thanks,

Arun Kannapiran

http://au.movies.yahoo.com

Re: PgSQL as part of commercial product

Дата:
Read our FAQ.

Arun Kannapiran wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I would appreciate it if you could answer the below queries.
>
> What are the licencing requirements for PgSQL ?
>
> The company I work for is building a client-server application with a
> PgSQL backend to be sold commercially on the market, are there any
> licencing or other payments that need to be made ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arun Kannapiran

> The New Yahoo! Movies: Check out the Latest Trailers, Premiere Photos and full Actor Database.
> http://au.movies.yahoo.com

Re: PgSQL as part of commercial product

От
"Uwe C. Schroeder"
Дата:
I bet donations to support the project are appreciated.
Other than that, the postgreSQL license is BSD - which basically means you can
do whatever you want, you just can't sue anyone if it's not working.

This has been answered a thousand times, so checking mailing list archives and
the FAQ should give you plenty of explanations