Обсуждение: What talk would get you to go to OSCon?

What talk would get you to go to OSCon?

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Hey folks,

I'm working with a few others to put together a solid line up of talks for
this years OSCon and we'd like to get a straw poll of what talks you would
most like to see.  Not just "that would be cool" but ones that would get you
to go book your plane tickets next weekend :-)  So far some folks have
suggested:

Slony
Getting started with Pg
High Availability
Dealing with big big big data
View/Functions
Indexing
Building a datawarehouse
Working with corporate contributors

If you have other ideas please feel free to chime in, we'd really like to see
an uptick in postgresql attendees.

--
Robert Treat

Re: What talk would get you to go to OSCon?

От
Mike Rylander
Дата:
My $0.02:

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:29:08 -0500, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm working with a few others to put together a solid line up of talks for
> this years OSCon and we'd like to get a straw poll of what talks you would
> most like to see.  Not just "that would be cool" but ones that would get you
> to go book your plane tickets next weekend :-)  So far some folks have
> suggested:
>
> Slony
        Check!

> Getting started with Pg
> High Availability
        Double check!

> Dealing with big big big data
        Check!

> View/Functions
> Indexing
> Building a datawarehouse
        Check!

BTW, thanks in advance!

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com

Re: What talk would get you to go to OSCon?

От
Aaron Glenn
Дата:
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:29:08 -0500, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Slony

Yes.

> High Availability

Yes.

> If you have other ideas please feel free to chime in, we'd really like to see
> an uptick in postgresql attendees.

Will Bruce and Tom be attending this year like they did in 2002?

Regards,
aaron.glenn

Re: What talk would get you to go to OSCon?

Дата:
Aaron Glenn wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:29:08 -0500, Robert Treat
> <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > Slony
>
> Yes.
>
> > High Availability
>
> Yes.
>
> > If you have other ideas please feel free to chime in, we'd really like to see
> > an uptick in postgresql attendees.
>
> Will Bruce and Tom be attending this year like they did in 2002?

I will be there.  Josh has asked me about a state of PostgreSQL talk,
and perhaps a talk about how the Win32 port was done.