Обсуждение: help required

help required

От
Ramesh Yeligar
Дата:
Hi,

We have been using pgsql for our retail business, now, due hard drive
crash, the databse corrupted and we are unable to start pgsql
database. Pl help me if you know any commands or tools to recover this
database.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Re: help required

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 05:40:34PM +0800, Ramesh Yeligar wrote:

> We have been using pgsql for our retail business, now, due hard drive
> crash, the databse corrupted and we are unable to start pgsql
> database. Pl help me if you know any commands or tools to recover this
> database.

You'd need to post more details, like the server logs that show why you
are unable to start pgsql.

"Cada quien es cada cual y baja las escaleras como quiere" (JMSerrat)

Re: help required

От
Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Дата:
Ramesh Yeligar wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have been using pgsql for our retail business, now, due hard drive
>crash, the databse corrupted and we are unable to start pgsql
>database. Pl help me if you know any commands or tools to recover this
>database.

What do you have in hand?
like the PGDATA folder pg_xlog ?

do you have the database backups?

Regds
Mallah.

>Thanks,
>Ramesh

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users         |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| http://www.tradeindia.com/                |