Обсуждение: Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

We've been issued a challenge ... so Vote!  Vote!  Vote!

-------------------------
Hey Gents,

You might want to rally the troops -> http://www.oreilly.com/
-------------------------

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Larry Rosenman

--On Saturday, February 07, 2004 21:41:29 -0800 Josh Berkus
<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We've been issued a challenge ... so Vote!  Vote!  Vote!
>
> -------------------------
> Hey Gents,
>
> You might want to rally the troops -> http://www.oreilly.com/
Where on that MASSIVE site is what we need to vote at?

LER

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Larry,

> Where on that MASSIVE site is what we need to vote at?

Front page, far right column, toward the bottom.
www.oreilly.com

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Larry Rosenman

--On Saturday, February 07, 2004 21:53:51 -0800 Josh Berkus
<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Larry,
>
>> Where on that MASSIVE site is what we need to vote at?
>
> Front page, far right column, toward the bottom.
> www.oreilly.com
Oh, the "favorite Database poll"?

Done.
:-)

> --
> Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
now if they only had PostgreSQL on the list, it would be worth rallying
about ...

----

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Marc,

> now if they only had PostgreSQL on the list, it would be worth rallying
> about ...

It is on the list.   Look again.  We're there as Postgres.

Amusingly, the Firebird people have really learned to rally the troops for
these online polls; they're leading this one as well.  Either that, or
they're cheating and using a 'bot.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
> > now if they only had PostgreSQL on the list, it would be worth rallying
> > about ...
>
> It is on the list.   Look again.  We're there as Postgres.

You'd think that, of all ppl. O'Reilly would know the correct spelling ...
but, then again, you'd like that the advocacy group would try and correct
that, no?

----

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Amusingly, the Firebird people have really learned to rally the
> troops for these online polls; they're leading this one as well.

... which really points out what a complete waste of time these kinds
of internet polls are.

-Neil

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Fwd: Favorite DB poll on ORA

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
> ... which really points out what a complete waste of time these kinds
> of internet polls are.

Actually, the poll has accomplished it's job admirably -- the job of
pulling new eyes into the website.