Обсуждение: size of mailing lists?

size of mailing lists?

От
David Garamond
Дата:
Would someone mind divulging the size (= number of members) of the
@postgreql.org mailing lists (particularly pgsql-general and
pgsql-hackers)? To tell you the truth, I've always got good responses
from this list. Apparently most other question posts do too. There seems
to be always someone knowledgeable to answer questions, which is very
very nice :-)

--
dave

Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Thursday 05 February 2004 10:28, David Garamond wrote:
> Would someone mind divulging the size (= number of members) of the
> @postgreql.org mailing lists (particularly pgsql-general and
> pgsql-hackers)?

Dunn, but Marc posted a message to -general recently which mentioned traffic
volume. Try an archive search on "looking for mail relays"

> To tell you the truth, I've always got good responses
> from this list. Apparently most other question posts do too. There seems
> to be always someone knowledgeable to answer questions, which is very
> very nice :-)

Better than most paid-for support, cheaper, friendlier... The PG community is
probably prettier too and makes a better cup of tea ;-)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

David Garamond
Дата:
Richard Huxton wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 10:28, David Garamond wrote:
>
>>Would someone mind divulging the size (= number of members) of the
>>@postgreql.org mailing lists (particularly pgsql-general and
>>pgsql-hackers)?
>
> Dunn, but Marc posted a message to -general recently which mentioned traffic
> volume. Try an archive search on "looking for mail relays"

Yeah, saw it too. It didn't mention the size of the mailing list though.
 From the number of posts per month, pgsql-general is comparable to
firebird-support@yahoogroups.com and roughly 50% less than
mysql@lists.mysql.com (but I'd say the quality of discussion is best
here). Yahoo-hosted mailing list page tells us the number of subscriber,
and firebird-support is currently at +- 2700 members.

--
dave

Karsten Hilbert
Дата:
> Better than most paid-for support, cheaper, friendlier... The PG community is
> probably prettier too and makes a better cup of tea ;-)
Or coffee, if you want to come over one day or another :-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, David Garamond wrote:

> Would someone mind divulging the size (= number of members) of the
> @postgreql.org mailing lists (particularly pgsql-general and
> pgsql-hackers)? To tell you the truth, I've always got good responses
> from this list. Apparently most other question posts do too. There seems
> to be always someone knowledgeable to answer questions, which is very
> very nice :-)

pgadmin-devteam         0 out of 5
pgadmin-hackers         0 out of 114
pgadmin-support         0 out of 303
pgsql-admin             0 out of 1470
pgsql-advocacy          0 out of 245
pgsql-announce          0 out of 2707
pgsql-benchmarks        0 out of 295
pgsql-bugs              0 out of 710
pgsql-chat              0 out of 149
pgsql-committers        0 out of 158
pgsql-cygwin            0 out of 373
pgsql-de-allgemein      0 out of 37
pgsql-docs              0 out of 449
pgsql-fr-generale       0 out of 30
pgsql-general           1 out of 1927
pgsql-hackers           1 out of 1093
pgsql-hackers-pitr      0 out of 0
pgsql-hackers-win32     0 out of 102
pgsql-interfaces        0 out of 849
pgsql-jdbc              0 out of 913
pgsql-jobs              0 out of 34
pgsql-novice            0 out of 1032
pgsql-odbc              0 out of 647
pgsql-patches           0 out of 332
pgsql-performance       0 out of 749
pgsql-php               0 out of 825
pgsql-ports             0 out of 271
pgsql-sql               0 out of 1361
pgsql-techdocs          0 out of 130
pgsql-tr-genel          0 out of 44
pgsql-www               0 out of 33
pgsql-www-advocacy      0 out of 6
pgsql-www-jobs          0 out of 11
pgsql-www-main          0 out of 7
press                   0 out of 6
sfpug                   0 out of 42
translators             0 out of 21
webmaster               0 out of 6

And, there are a total of 11918 unique addresses subscribed across those
lists ...

----

Re: size of mailing lists?

Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> pgsql-docs              0 out of 449
> pgsql-fr-generale       0 out of 30
> pgsql-general           1 out of 1927
> pgsql-hackers           1 out of 1093
> pgsql-hackers-pitr      0 out of 0

Uh, what do the "0 out of", "1 out of" numbers mean?

            regards, tom lane

Re: size of mailing lists?

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Thursday 05 February 2004 17:15, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > pgsql-docs              0 out of 449
> > pgsql-fr-generale       0 out of 30
> > pgsql-general           1 out of 1927
> > pgsql-hackers           1 out of 1093
> > pgsql-hackers-pitr      0 out of 0
>
> Uh, what do the "0 out of", "1 out of" numbers mean?

It's a count of how many people on each list will ask

"uh, what do the... ;-)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> > pgsql-docs              0 out of 449
> > pgsql-fr-generale       0 out of 30
> > pgsql-general           1 out of 1927
> > pgsql-hackers           1 out of 1093
> > pgsql-hackers-pitr      0 out of 0
>
> Uh, what do the "0 out of", "1 out of" numbers mean?

the command i used to get the #s is a verification tool ... just means
that 1 entry out of 1093 had to be corrected ...

----