Обсуждение: Views and Limits

Views and Limits

От
Alex
Дата:
Hi,

I am using a view that has also a LIMII 1000 in it. As it seems when I
run a query with a WHERE then the WHERE is only applied to the subset of
1000 records. So although the query my produce 3000 records, I may get
only a few hundred back.

Is there a way to get change that i.e. that the VIEW places a limit on
the final result?

Thanks
Alex

Re: Views and Limits

Дата:
Alex <alex@meerkatsoft.com> writes:
> Is there a way to get change that i.e. that the VIEW places a limit on
> the final result?

How would that possibly make any sense?  A view is supposed to be a
self-contained, logically consistent object ... not something that
exerts magical action-at-a-distance powers upon queries that reference
it.  As an example, would you still expect this restriction to work when
the view was used in a join, SELECT DISTINCT, or aggregate query?  If
so, just what is getting limited?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Views and Limits

От
Jonathan Bartlett

> How would that possibly make any sense?  A view is supposed to be a
> self-contained, logically consistent object ... not something that
> exerts magical action-at-a-distance powers upon queries that reference
> it.

Oh, I see, you just don't love us enough to give us magical powers to our
views.  I bet you're saving that feature for yourself, huh?

:)

Jon