Обсуждение: Visual database structure browser for postgresql?

Visual database structure browser for postgresql?

От
Bart
Дата:
Hello

I am looking for something like visual database structure browser. I
need to see all tables and relations beetween them. Something like
"Relations" window in Microsoft database products (ex. msaccess).

I have to work with complicated database and i need to understand fast
how it works.

Greetings,

Bart

Re: Visual database structure browser for postgresql?

От
Francois Suter
Дата:
> I am looking for something like visual database structure browser. I
> need to see all tables and relations beetween them. Something like
> "Relations" window in Microsoft database products (ex. msaccess)

Hi,

Try dbVisualizer: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/

You can view the relations, but cannot save the view though (it's in
the works apparently).

Cheers.

---------------
Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco

Re: Visual database structure browser for postgresql?

От
Dennis Gearon
Take a look at:

    http://www.datanamic.com/

    the two products you'll need are the importer and dezign

Bart wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am looking for something like visual database structure browser. I
> need to see all tables and relations beetween them. Something like
> "Relations" window in Microsoft database products (ex. msaccess).
>
> I have to work with complicated database and i need to understand fast
> how it works.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Bart

> your
>      joining column's datatypes do not match

Re: Visual database structure browser for postgresql?

От
info@casestudio.com (Vaclav Frolik)
Дата:
Hello Bart,

please feel free to try our CASE Studio 2

http://www.casestudio.com

this database design tool allows you to reverse
engineer already existing database structures
and display all the tables, relationships etc.
Of course, you can generate SQL scripts and/or
very detailed HTML/RTF reports also.
The demo version has no time limitation and
you can load and browse whole the structure
at once.

Regards,

Vaclav Frolik
CHARONWARE, s.r.o.