Обсуждение: Weird psql problem

Weird psql problem

От
Jeffrey Melloy
Дата:
I recently noticed that in my web app, a \n wasn't getting converted to
a <br />.  (The problem turned out to be that for this particular
record, it was a \r).

When I checked out the record in psql, I got some weird behavior.

What shows up in the web:
amoth4:it is o.o
jm:Speaking of being a sounding board, will you test something?
jm:Ot
jm:It's pretty quick

What shows up in psql:
jmelloy=# select * from messages where message_id = 219897;
  message_id |        message_date        |
                      message
        | sender_id | recipient_id |
  message_idx
------------+----------------------------
--------------------------------------+-----------+--------------
----------------
jm:It's pretty quick |         4 |          126 | 's' 'jm' 'ot' 'o.o'
'test' 'board' 'quick' 'sound' 'speak' 'amoth4' 'pretti' 'someth'

Something is definitely weird.  Using version 7.3 on OS X.

Jeff

Re: Weird psql problem

От
Jeffrey Melloy
Дата:
On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 07:48  AM, Martijn van Oosterhout
wrote:

> On many terminals, \r jumps back to the beginning of the line. Hence
> in this
> example:
>
>> jm:It's pretty quick |         4 |          126 | 's' 'jm' 'ot' 'o.o'
>> 'test' 'board' 'quick' 'sound' 'speak' 'amoth4' 'pretti' 'someth'
>
> you're not seeing the starting text because it's overwritten by the
> later
> text.

Ah, I see.  Thanks.
Jeff

Re: Weird psql problem

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:06:51AM -0500, Jeffrey Melloy wrote:
> I recently noticed that in my web app, a \n wasn't getting converted to
> a <br />.  (The problem turned out to be that for this particular
> record, it was a \r).
>
> When I checked out the record in psql, I got some weird behavior.
>
> What shows up in the web:
> amoth4:it is o.o
> jm:Speaking of being a sounding board, will you test something?
> jm:Ot
> jm:It's pretty quick

On many terminals, \r jumps back to the beginning of the line. Hence in this
example:

> jm:It's pretty quick |         4 |          126 | 's' 'jm' 'ot' 'o.o'
> 'test' 'board' 'quick' 'sound' 'speak' 'amoth4' 'pretti' 'someth'

you're not seeing the starting text because it's overwritten by the later
text.

> "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good
> men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke
> "The penalty good people pay for not being interested in politics is to be
> governed by people worse than themselves." - Plato

Вложения