Обсуждение: Diff between contrib/dbmirror and rserv

Diff between contrib/dbmirror and rserv

От
Thierry Missimilly
Дата:
Hi,

I don't understand by reading the README files, what are the differences
between thes contrib dbmirror and rserv.
And is rserv limited to a demo or is it a full solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Вложения

Re: Diff between contrib/dbmirror and rserv

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:16:53AM +0200, Thierry Missimilly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand by reading the README files, what are the differences
> between thes contrib dbmirror and rserv.

They are different approaches to the implementation of the same
thing.  They're not related.

> And is rserv limited to a demo or is it a full solution ?

contrib/rserv, just like all the other code in the tarball, is free
software.

A version of replication that descended from rserv is going to appear
on gborg someday soon.  I'm not sure when.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Re: Diff between contrib/dbmirror and rserv

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> A version of replication that descended from rserv is going to appear on
> gborg someday soon.  I'm not sure when.

Got hit by a death in the family this past weekend ... will dive into
moving this forward more over the next few days :(  Sorry for the delay

Re: Diff between contrib/dbmirror and rserv

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
hey, don't worry about it. Go through the feelings, and come out the other side when it's time. It's called being
human,and even us geek men ....... are human. We NEED to be human.

I just put down my dog of 13 years, and old black lab. I'm not all together myself, abut 95%.