Обсуждение: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup ???

What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup ???

От
"Bruno BAGUETTE"
Дата:
Hello,

Seems to me that the nntp server news.postgresql.org is down again...
:-(

I'm wondering why PostgreSQL don't have its own newsgroup in the
comp.databases.* usenet hierarchy ? I think that may be interesting
since lot of PostgreSQL users are unaware about the existence of
news.postgresql.org (when this server work), and are looking for a
comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup.

What are your opinions about that ?

Cheers,

---------------------------------------
Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml@baguette.net

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
see news.us.postgresql.org for now, while we deal with some issues locally
... if anyone else wishes to open up a similar mirror, please let us know
and we'll help get it setup ...

all the lists are gatewayed to a comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup

От
"Daniel Seichter"
Дата:
Hello,
> see news.us.postgresql.org for now, while we deal with some issues locally
> ... if anyone else wishes to open up a similar mirror, please let us know
> and we'll help get it setup ...
>
> all the lists are gatewayed to a comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
Is it with or without authentification (like gmane)?

Daniel

--
postgreSQL on Netware - the red elephant
http://postgresql.dseichter.org

DB_USER_NAMESPACE

От
"Sean Mullen"
Дата:
What is the 'status' of DB_USER_NAMESPACE?

Is it still a temporary measure and is it safe to rely on it?

Sean.

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet newsgroup

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Daniel Seichter wrote:

> Hello,
> > see news.us.postgresql.org for now, while we deal with some issues locally
> > ... if anyone else wishes to open up a similar mirror, please let us know
> > and we'll help get it setup ...
> >
> > all the lists are gatewayed to a comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
> Is it with or without authentification (like gmane)?

what is gmane?

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 19:56, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Daniel Seichter wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > > see news.us.postgresql.org for now, while we deal with some issues locally
> > > ... if anyone else wishes to open up a similar mirror, please let us know
> > > and we'll help get it setup ...
> > >
> > > all the lists are gatewayed to a comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
> > Is it with or without authentification (like gmane)?
>
> what is gmane?

That big thatch of fur around a GNU Lion???

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet

От
Andrew Gould
Дата:
--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 19:56, The Hermit Hacker
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Daniel Seichter wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> deal with some issues locally
> mirror, please let us know

> comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
> > > Is it with or without authentification (like
> gmane)?
> >
> > what is gmane?
>
  > That big thatch of fur around a GNU Lion???
>
> | Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home:
> ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
> | Jefferson, LA  USA

Check out:  http://gmane.org/

Andrew Gould

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 08:31, Andrew Gould wrote:
> --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 19:56, The Hermit Hacker
> > wrote:

> > deal with some issues locally
> > mirror, please let us know

> > comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
> > gmane)?
> > >
> > > what is gmane?
> >
>   > That big thatch of fur around a GNU Lion???

> Check out:  http://gmane.org/

It was supposed to be humor.  Guess it wasn't.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |

Re: What about a comp.databases.postgresql usenet

От
Andrew Gould
Дата:
--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 08:31, Andrew Gould wrote:
> > --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> we
> > > deal with some issues locally
> similar
> > > mirror, please let us know

> > > comp.databases.postgresql.* newsgroup ...
> > > gmane)?

> >   > That big thatch of fur around a GNU Lion???
>
> > Check out:  http://gmane.org/
>
> It was supposed to be humor.  Guess it wasn't.

It was. (All evolutionary improvements must be
submitted back to gnu/pride. Backporting's going to be
a bi***.)

I hadn't seen anyone list the url.  Not being a
newslist user, I'm still unsure of what gmane really
means.

Andrew

Re: DB_USER_NAMESPACE

Дата:
Uh, no one has come up with a better solution, so it will be in 7.4 too.