Обсуждение: Linux on PowerPc

Linux on PowerPc

От
Ananda K Venkataraman

Hello,

  I would like to know about the availability of PostgreSQL for Linux on
PowerPC.  If so what is the latest release (7.3.2)?  If not where to get
the source code and instructions for compiling the PostgreSQL source code.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
Ananda
Venkataraman, ANANDA KRISHNAN
Linux Technology Center, IBM
T/L 678-3983  External (512)838-3983
avenkat@us.ibm.com

Re: Linux on PowerPc

От
Gregory Seidman
Дата:
Ananda K Venkataraman sez:
}   I would like to know about the availability of PostgreSQL for Linux on
} PowerPC.  If so what is the latest release (7.3.2)?  If not where to get
} the source code and instructions for compiling the PostgreSQL source code.

It depends on which distribution you are using. For example, Debian has
7.3.2 available in the unstable distribution. Sourcecode can be downloaded
from ftp.postgresql.org as usual.

} Thanks,
} Sincerely,
} Ananda
--Greg

Re: Linux on PowerPc

От
Jeffrey Baker
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:25:43PM -0600, Ananda K Venkataraman wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I would like to know about the availability of PostgreSQL for Linux on
> PowerPC.  If so what is the latest release (7.3.2)?  If not where to get
> the source code and instructions for compiling the PostgreSQL source code.

Postgres runs on all x86, ppc, and alpha platforms under
Linux.  These are the ones I have personally tried.  Other
architectures probably also work.

There are no special instructions.  Simply download and
install it as usual.

-jwb

Re: Linux on PowerPc

От