Обсуждение: Off-topic: a round of applause for Marc

Off-topic: a round of applause for Marc

Дата:
BTW, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it's been working with the
mailing lists for the last few weeks.  Whatever Marc did to the servers
has reduced the typical list propagation delay to a minute or less,
as opposed to the fifteen-minutes-to-hours delays we were suffering for
a good while there.  That just makes list conversations work *so* much
better and more smoothly.

Marc doesn't get enough credit for the time (and money) he spends making
the project infrastructure go; as a rule, he only hears about it when
something's broken.  So I think he's overdue for hearing a plaudit when
things work well.

Thanks!

            regards, tom lane

Re: Off-topic: a round of applause for Marc

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Tuesday 20 August 2002 02:38 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Marc doesn't get enough credit for the time (and money) he spends making
> the project infrastructure go; as a rule, he only hears about it when
> something's broken.  So I think he's overdue for hearing a plaudit when
> things work well.

I'll second that.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Off-topic: a round of applause for Marc

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 02:38:21PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it's been working with the
> mailing lists for the last few weeks.  Whatever Marc did to the servers
> has reduced the typical list propagation delay to a minute or less,
> as opposed to the fifteen-minutes-to-hours delays we were suffering for
> a good while there.  That just makes list conversations work *so* much
> better and more smoothly.

Agreed. It's been so good recently I've been wondering if I'm hallucinating
or something.

> Marc doesn't get enough credit for the time (and money) he spends making
> the project infrastructure go; as a rule, he only hears about it when
> something's broken.  So I think he's overdue for hearing a plaudit when
> things work well.

Seconded.
> arithmetic and those that can't.

Re: Off-topic: a round of applause for Marc

От
"Andy Samuel"
Дата:
( claps for Marc ) :)
I just want to say thank you for your contribution that we ALL can enjoy.

Warm regards
Andy