Обсуждение: Migrating MySQL data to PostgreSQL

Migrating MySQL data to PostgreSQL

От
"Orr, Steve"
Дата:
pgsql Newbie here...

I need to migrate TONS of data out of MySQL and into PostgreSQL 7.2.1. There
are BLOBs and text fields with embedded commas in the MySQL source data.
What's the best way to do this? mysqldump? Other tools?

Re: Migrating MySQL data to PostgreSQL

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 14 Aug 2002 11:33 pm, Orr, Steve wrote:
> pgsql Newbie here...
>
> I need to migrate TONS of data out of MySQL and into PostgreSQL 7.2.1.
> There are BLOBs and text fields with embedded commas in the MySQL source
> data. What's the best way to do this? mysqldump? Other tools?

Look to the postgresql.org website. I think in techdocs.postgresql.org there
are some articles on porting different databases to/from PostgreSQL. I'd
suspect the blob's are going to give you the most trouble.

- Richard Huxton