Обсуждение: replication status

replication status

От
mixo
Дата:
Same old question: how far off is replication ?

Re: replication status

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 09:04:10AM +0200, mixo wrote:

> Same old question: how far off is replication ?

You can get 'it-works' replication in 7.2.x from the contrib/rserv
tree.  It's tricky to set up, and the documentation is bad, but it
seems to work in my tests.

You can buy an improved version of rserv from PostgreSQL, Inc.  I can
state emphatically that it works well under fairly heavy load,
because we use it.

You can have a look at the pg-replication project pages on
<http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgreplication/projdisplay.php>.
They have links to several different replication projects, including
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbbalancer/>,
<http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net/>, and
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2002-02/msg00004.php>.
Postgres-R is not ready, although it is moving along (I hope to be
able to move if forward faster, but I'm still working on that); but
some of the other projects are already in production use in some
places.

The real question is, "What sort of replication do you want?"  None
of the above (with the exception of the Postgres, Inc. one) is
"finished" the traditional sense, but they all work, for some value
of "work".

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110