Обсуждение: PGAdmin

PGAdmin

От
"Jillian Carroll"
Дата:
Has anybody had any problems with PGAdmin II? Anything I should watch out for?

--
Jillian

Re: PGAdmin

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
hi,
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jillian Carroll wrote:

> Has anybody had any problems with PGAdmin II? Anything I should watch out
> for?

Today, I installed pgadminII on an XP. I could connect to the server,
however, when I click on "databases", I see a runtime error... Could not
report it to the developers yet.

Best regards,

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: PGAdmin

От
"Ian Harding"
Дата:
I installed it last night on XP and it worked great, but gave a harmless error when I clicked directly on the Tables
nodein the tree.  I haven't reported it yet either... I was very impressed with it, though.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding@tpchd.org

>>> Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> 04/10/02 09:40AM >>>

hi,
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jillian Carroll wrote:

> Has anybody had any problems with PGAdmin II? Anything I should watch out
> for?

Today, I installed pgadminII on an XP. I could connect to the server,
however, when I click on "databases", I see a runtime error... Could not
report it to the developers yet.

Best regards,

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: PGAdmin

От
"Jillian Carroll"
Дата:
I'm getting the error:

no pg_hba.conf entry for host (IP), user (user), database (db)

I'm new to this and not really sure where to begin with this file...

I installed it last night on XP and it worked great, but gave a harmless
error when I clicked directly on the Tables node in the tree.  I haven't
reported it yet either... I was very impressed with it, though.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding@tpchd.org

>>> Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> 04/10/02 09:40AM >>>

hi,
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jillian Carroll wrote:

> Has anybody had any problems with PGAdmin II? Anything I should watch out
> for?

Today, I installed pgadminII on an XP. I could connect to the server,
however, when I click on "databases", I see a runtime error... Could not
report it to the developers yet.

Best regards,

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: PGAdmin

От
"Ian Harding"
Дата:
That's easy.  You need to add an entry to the pg_hba.conf file that looks something like

host    all   192.168.100.0    255.255.255.0    trust

and restart the the postmaster.  It says "There are hosts, who can connect to all databases, whose ip addresses are
192.168.100.x,with a netmask of 255.255.255.0, who I will trust to connect with no password or other authentication."

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding@tpchd.org

>>> "Jillian Carroll" <jillian@koskie.com> 04/10/02 09:53AM >>>

I'm getting the error:

no pg_hba.conf entry for host (IP), user (user), database (db)

I'm new to this and not really sure where to begin with this file...

I installed it last night on XP and it worked great, but gave a harmless
error when I clicked directly on the Tables node in the tree.  I haven't
reported it yet either... I was very impressed with it, though.

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding@tpchd.org

>>> Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr> 04/10/02 09:40AM >>>

hi,
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jillian Carroll wrote:

> Has anybody had any problems with PGAdmin II? Anything I should watch out
> for?

Today, I installed pgadminII on an XP. I could connect to the server,
however, when I click on "databases", I see a runtime error... Could not
report it to the developers yet.

Best regards,

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: PGAdmin

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi Jillian,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jillian Carroll wrote:

> I'm getting the error:
>
> no pg_hba.conf entry for host (IP), user (user), database (db)
>
> I'm new to this and not really sure where to begin with this file...

As written in the error message, you must add your ip in pg_hba.conf
(PostGresql Host Based Authentication.CONFiguration file) .

Say your ip is : 333.333.333.333, and db_name impiles the name of your
db ;)

A typical line which would not ask for a password would be:

host db_name 333.333.333.333 255.255.255.255 trust

http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/admin-7.2-A4.pdf
Chapter 4 / Section 4.1 (as far as I remember)

This will help you.

Best regards,

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

Re: PGAdmin

От
Dave Page

An honest list of known bugs/issues can be found here:
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=9

Your best bet is to try it out though and see if you like it. You can always
use a test database until you're happy that it works properly (and reliably)
and that you like using it. Of course, I'll tell you it works great, but
then I wrote it :-)

> Today, I installed pgadminII on an XP. I could connect to the server,
> however, when I click on "databases", I see a runtime
> error... Could not
> report it to the developers yet.

Hi Devrim, long time, no chat! Anyway, what error do you get? Anything odd
about your environment? Are you running a dev version?

Regards, Dave.