Обсуждение: how do you recover a postgresql online backup

how do you recover a postgresql online backup

От
Mark McWilliams
Дата:
Can someone tell me how to recover a PostgreSQL online backup?
There is nothing in the documentation, and this is the only thing
keeping me from using Oracle over PostgreSQL. Assuming of
course using WAL (write ahead logging).

Thanks

Re: how do you recover a postgresql online backup

Дата:
Mark McWilliams <mark.mcwilliams@mindspring.com> writes:
> Can someone tell me how to recover a PostgreSQL online backup?
> There is nothing in the documentation, and this is the only thing
> keeping me from using Oracle over PostgreSQL. Assuming of
> course using WAL (write ahead logging).

You don't have to do anything.  The postmaster automatically arranges to
replay any uncheckpointed log entries upon restart after a crash.

            regards, tom lane