Обсуждение: recovery in postgresql

recovery in postgresql

От
"Muhammad Rusydi"
Дата:
Hi,

How to do recovery in postgreSQL?
i have looked in manual, but there's nothing there
would someone show me how to recovery?

TIA
Didi

Re: recovery in postgresql

От
Ben Leslie
Дата:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Muhammad Rusydi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to do recovery in postgreSQL?
> i have looked in manual, but there's nothing there
> would someone show me how to recovery?

What exactly are you recovering from?

THe way I have recovered when need was:

dropdb <brokendb>
createdb <brokendb>
cat database_backup_file | psql <brokendb>

Where database_backup_file is the file produced by
dbdump.

HTH,

Benno

Re: recovery in postgresql

От
Tulio Oliveira
Дата:
Muhammad Rusydi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to do recovery in postgreSQL?
> i have looked in manual, but there's nothing there
> would someone show me how to recovery?
>
> TIA
> Didi

Backup all yours data bases with
pg_dumpall > backup.sql   (or another name)

and recover this way...
psql template1 -f backup.sql

And all your Data Bases will be restored, with all datas...

Regards,

Tulio

--
Tulio Oliveira